Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 20 June 2010

FIFA not VIVA




What is so good of watching a football match?
Because it held every 4 years?
because everyone talks about it
(and it makes you feel "not cool" if you're not talk about it),
the soundtrack is good,
the merchandise is everywhere

It's just a bunch of tiny small little men on a wide green square,
ith small white dot, I hardly see.
Well, sometimes it's good when zoomed in (some of them are good looking)
but with that small faceless man,
you can't even know who's running and passing the ball
(thanks to vuvuzela it makes World Cup harder to watch, I can't hear the commentator).

Enough for the reason why I don't like to watch football on screen (big or small all the same)

Watching football is not my thing, definitely not my thing, not a big fan, not interested, I play, I don't watch. Boring. Either you are my Big Boss or I really love u that makes me want to watch one. And this (this = right now!) afternoon, I go out to watch World Cup (not to eat, not to see movie, not to do window shopping), since you are not My [BIG] Boss, it's because I love you. And please do me a favor, I want a non smoking room.

We headed to Cikini (after refuse Si Kaki Berbulu's plan to watch world cup in a place i know there is no "non smoking room" available). After checking couples of cafes in Cikini which has a large screen (showing the game of course) without non smoking room, or otherwise a cafe with NON smoking room without TV, we decided to go find another place to meet our criteria (large screen, non smoking and not expensive).

After minutes of discussion (the kind of potential fight discussion). We went to Grand Indonesia, after took a long walk (looking for the right place, and the game is already started), he [finally] gave up looking for a big screen, we choose a seafood restaurant, with TV on the wall showing the game, and unfortunately, our seat is side by side with the smoking room, the TV is near the smoking room, so that we can watch the game [this is the part i gave up].

The food was average. We ordered Smoked Crab, Squid with Padang Sauce, and Baby Kailan with Garlic, for appetizer we had shrimp cake with mayonnaise. I also ordered lemon and peterseli juice. The taste of my food is below [my standard] of delicious food, it was nice but not good enough. I had to eat it with "sambal terasi" to boost up the flavour. It was "hambar" and the vegetables is overcooked. I only enjoy the shrimp cake with mayonnaise, it was good.

Just before the half time, out of nowhere came this man, smoking in front of me with the smoke got to my face (is smoke flying?), we decided to move in the middle of the match. [after impulsive walk out -me did it- and serious discussion why we have to find another place]

So, here i am in the middle of a big hall in Grand Indonesia. Sitting on a synthetic grass that hurts my legs (it's pointy). Well, i am wearing a dress (well, it is a batik dress anyway not a designer made dress but still it is not comfortable) i just dont know how to sit. Where people (Si Kaki Berbulu) is watching, excited and screaming [is it goal or something? no? off side? ah whatever...] here i am writing this blog.




For me that don't know is it FIFA or VIVA [i didn't bother to ask, i thought VIVA was the right one], i think sitting here on this fake pointy grass [not really watch the game] is something.

So, don't be surprised, if one day you meet me in 1.30 am,
watching England screaming out laud their names [i do know and remember their NAMES!], getting really excited [even when the smokes is all around me].
Not, now. Someday perhaps?






2 comments:

  1. Perhaps...perhaps...perhaps... (kalo kata The Cake). Besok2 cari tempat murah bebas asap rokok kalo gitu. Kalo bisa gratis.... heheeheh... Btw, jersey-nya keren tuh. Tsubasa. Beli dimana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm..murah+non smoking di rumah aja bos! gimana? hemat bensin dan ongkos parkir :D

    ReplyDelete