Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 19 February 2017

Hallo Japan!

Hallo,

I know this has been a long time... but my 2017 resolution requires me to write again :)
So, here I am writing on Sunday raining morning instead of cuddling with my lovely husband Kaki Berbulu (literally translated to be Hairy Foot).

Since, the easiest subject is about travelling so, here's the story about our holiday in Japan. Well, we have been travelling to several places since we get together, each year to Bali (must go place) and if we have more money once a year overseas or any where in Indonesia of we can't afford to go anywhere overseas. Our dream is to go to Turkey, Japan, UK (hubby), Paris (me).

During two first year of our marriage in accordance to our Long Term Budgeting Plan (It's a book with a picture of cat that we use to make travelling plan since we're dating, that draws all the big plan detailing to monthly - sometimes weekly if we (read: I) feel ambitious - which opened only when we make the plans! - in my defense, yes I did remember all of those plan! so we didn't have to open it all the time) all the monies go to saving for car (first year) and house (second year).

Well, because our (read: my) lousy money handling it's extended to our fourth year (blame it on me, house investor maniacs with money from God knows where that you can read here and all Tumi bags). One sunny weekend in September 2015 (fourth year of marriage), Kaki Berbulu tells me that he's dying to go travelling (and yes such thing exist for us) so, we visit Garuda Travel Fair.

Our initial plan is to go on next year September 2016 because always make big travel plan a year ahead. The thing is the promotion ticket travel date is until end of March 2016, so what we did is we sat on a corner in JCC, start to calculate the budget planning and as a devoted reliable wife with great financial management skill, I will make that happen... After 30 minutes of calculating - I never speculating! - I said we can make it, thus we bought ticket to Japan for Feb 2016! Yay!!!!

The thing from September to February is 4 months to go, limited budget (limited buffer for error) and as a planner you need a robust plan. This is what you can do:

  1. Make detail calculation means you need to have a detail plan. Start with the place you want to visit and things you want to eat (that's the main purpose of travelling to see and to eat) then you can start building your itinerary, to the detail of cost of every trains/subway trip, food to eat and entry ticket of place to visit. Sometimes buying pass is cheaper (bus pass in Kyoto and bundling ticket for ICOCA+Haruka from KIX to downtown Osaka), however in our case buying JR Pass is more expensive than paying single ride using ICOCA (for Osaka and Kyoto) or SUICA (for Tokyo). 
  2. Split transaction (especially big one) - we purchase accommodation earlier and we split one transaction per month.
  3. Use cash wisely - in Japan most small restaurant don't accept card. So, split your payment and use cash or credit card wisely. Check, your place to visit whether they accept card or not.
Nothing is impossible, so if you want it you will find a way to make it.

Later on I will share the Japan Journey! I need to go Kaki Berbulu already wakes up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment