Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 6 March 2016

Hello from the other side*

Hallo...

Well its been quite a while since my last post. I made some posts through blog mobile application, somehow it failed and the story is lost between draft or posted, oh i don't know...
I gave up easily on mobile application, as easy as i give up on Jakarta rush hours traffic...

So many things going on since my last post, I plan to write on the house project and latest travelling story of Si Muka Lebar and Kaki Berbulu.
But this post today is about perspective.

As i grow up, I realize that life is not like what we always think. I used to have an idea that living in Bekasi (25 km to my office) is a waste of time, well having lived in Kalibata (less than 10 km from my office) for 3 years, spending 20 minutes (in Ied holiday no traffic at all) to 2 hours driving (average driving is 1 hour) to the office, and by living in Bekasi I only spent 45 minutes to 2 hours to the office (average driving is 50 minutes). It turned out it's so much easier living in Bekasi than in Kalibata, LOL, I must be crazy if I say this 2 years ago. That how I lived, we tend to live under a perspective, wait until you stand on the other side, and see that from a different perspective, you will have a different view.

I found this story, when i browsed for our soon to be new country president in the Starship (curiosity killed the cat... I don't want to be curious, as the Starship director interviewed him, i went on line looking for his track record as well, hihi it turned out that he is a leader that is loved and respected by his employee), he told this story to his employee...
There is a picture of a beautiful beach, and he asked the employee what does this picture tells you? It's a a beautiful beach, white sands and blue water... Then the picture zoomed out, it turn out to be a view from an airplane window... Further zoom out it's a post card showing a airplane interior with a window showing the beautiful beach (more or less that's the story, i forgot the exact story ha-ha!).

that's a perspective, the way you think of something it's really depend on your perspective. So, try to see a thing from different perspective you might get a better idea of a thing.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. you will never know what it has until you are in the very end of the chapter. but not all people have time to read through a book, how do we know if it's good? You might get a summary of a book but back again to perspective, the summary writer might have a different perspective from ours. So, there is no short cut in undestanding things, if you new in a thing, walk it step by step, unless you like surprises, pick a guess, go with it and get lost in possibilities...

The point of what I want to say in this post is, judging is boring, so try to look into a different perspective, you might get a different new brighter better view.

Happy Sunday!
*I believe it's part of Adele's song lyrics, called "Hallo"

What did you see in this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment