Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 10 November 2023

Goodbye Domestic Goddess

We met 15 July 2008 a pretty, classy, shy and quiet girl. We had opposite life style so other than hang out in a large group, we didn't hang around that much. We worked together for 3,5 years. After that we rarely saw each other and from that we occasionally texted each other (not birthday - I don't have the ability to remember birthday date).

We had few things in common and she gets my joke, the way i get her joke. We never talk about important things. We changed text maybe few times a year. Occasionally, random things happened which reminded us to each other and we texted each other, had a good laugh. The last this happened was February 2023.

It's been a while since I received her text, I missed her - but somehow I didn't text her, maybe not that much to text her.

Last week I received a group message that she was sick and the next morning she was gone. Just like that, few of us gathered at her house - people cry, I just sat there clueless, I tried to make a joke which no one understand - but I know she would. I shook her husband hand, I didn't even know what to say. We just stood there like zombie for few seconds, then I got home. 

On the way I heard this song on the radio - Blink 182 "One More Time" 

"...I wonder why, I wish they told us, it shouldn't take a sickness or airplanes falling out the sky....Do you have to die to hear you miss me? Do I have to die to hear you say goodbye? I don't want to act like there's tomorrow, I don't want to wait to do this one more time..."

I'm not good at say good bye and I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment